API Storage/Caching Rules

Scott Mcleod

Apr 6, 2021, 8:07:03 AMApr 6
to Google Civic Information API
Hello, I was looking at the guidelines for using Google APIs, and the page for all Google APIs said that we are not allowed to "Scrape, build databases, or otherwise create permanent copies of such content, or keep cached copies longer than permitted by the cache header". I did not see any such header for this Civic Info API, or any guidelines regarding this issue for this specific API. My question is if we are allowed to cache/store the data of this API at all. If so, what are the restrictions? For example, does any storage have to be temporary, are there any specific uses it can't be cached for? For reference, my team is interested in putting the information from this API into a database and periodically updating it to keep information up-to-date for our application. I'm just curious about the guidelines of storing/caching this data. Thank you.

Page I'm refencing for the original rule: https://developers.google.com/terms#e_prohibitions_on_content

Keshia-Lee

Apr 7, 2021, 9:19:13 AMApr 7
to Google Civic Information API
Hi Scott,

These guidelines for Google APIs also include the Civics Info API.

Keshia-Lee