voterInfoQuery address issue

Russ Knize

Nov 10, 2023, 7:58:04 PM11/10/23
to Google Civic Information API
Hello,

I'm trying to use the voterInfoQuery  API.  It is mangling  the address number scheme that's used in rural Kane county IL.  We have an house address scheme that is a number followed by N,S,E or W followed by another number.  e.i.:  8S123.  The web method experimental form returns the number as in this case:  40W290 LaFox Road, 60175, Campton Hills, IL 60175    In this case the W is dropped and appears as 40290

Is there a way to force the parser to not mangle the address?

It gives me:
You have invalid or missing required parameter values above. If you execute anyway, the response will likely be an error.

Is there a way to force the parser to not mangle the address?

Thanks Russ

Google Civic Information API

Nov 22, 2023, 4:29:34 PM11/22/23
to Google Civic Information API
Hi Russ, Thanks for raising this to us! It is expected that the W gets dropped. It also gets dropped from the street segments that we match to so that the correct polling locations will still be found. Please let us know if you have any additional questions!

Thank you,
Carolyn on behalf of the Google Civic Info API team