No Contest & referendum Info is Showing When I use Voter Info Query

Chintan Chawla

Feb 29, 2024, 8:53:26 AMFeb 29
to Google Civic Information API
Hi,

When I am using Voter Info Query for Texas Democratic Primary Elections, I am getting Polling & early polling locations but contest & referendums is missing's from the response?

why is it?

Thanks

Joshua Richardson

Mar 2, 2024, 7:58:16 PMMar 2
to Google Civic Information API
I found the exact same thing for CA.  I thought maybe I just have to wait, but the election closes in three days.  If nationwide contest data is not available for Texas and CA, then I'm thinking we need a better way of getting data into the API.  Anybody have ideas?

Here is a sample of my request and the format of the response:
Request: /voterinfo?address=<REDACTED>%20Cupertino%2C%20CA&electionId=8108
Response:
{
"election":{
"id":"8108",
"name":"California Presidential Primary",
"electionDay":"2024-03-05",
"ocdDivisionId":"ocd-division/country:us/state:ca"
},
"normalizedInput":{
"line1":"10650 Santa Lucia Road",
"city":"Cupertino",
"state":"CA",
"zip":"95014"
},
"pollingLocations":[
],
"earlyVoteSites":[
],
"dropOffLocations":[
],
"state":[
],
"kind":"civicinfo#voterInfoResponse"
}

Nicholas Roberts

Mar 2, 2024, 10:16:03 PMMar 2
to Google Civic Information API
umm, don't mean to be a wise guy

but, how is this a Voting API without information on

Contest
Candidate
Ballot

I am seeing no Contest, Candidate or Ballot data

do we get to choose Candidates or are we now only able to Vote?