Tabulated Data

Creyton Loud

Nov 13, 2023, 4:09:46 PM11/13/23
to Google Civic Information API
Hello,

I am working on creating a Google Sheets spreadsheet that contains general information on the elected officials within a state at various levels.  I have formatted this spreadsheet and have manually found data on many of the officials across Colorado.   I am hoping to verify the work that I have already done and also fill in some gaps that I was unable to easily find.

I have very little coding experience, and because of this, I am having a hard time understanding how to find and organize the data I am after.  I have been tinkering with Representitiveinfobydivision with some success, however, I still cannot figure out how to get the data in a tabulated format.

Mostly I am looking for the years that the elected officials were first elected and when their seat is up for reelection.

Is this something that I could get some guidance on?

Thank you,

Google Civic Information API

Nov 22, 2023, 4:26:19 PM11/22/23
to Google Civic Information API
Hi, Thanks for your question! Unfortunately, the Civic Info API does not provide data on the years that the elected officials were first elected or when their seat is up for reelection. You may view the documentation here on what properties the API can return. The data is returned in JSON format. We recommend that you then transform this output into the tabulated format that you need. Let us know if you have any additional questions!

Thank you,
Carolyn on behalf of the Google Civic Info API team