Civics Info API Announcement - Using Election ID 7000

Justin Quizon

Oct 22, 2020, 4:05:06 PM10/22/20
to Google Civic Information API
Hi Civics API Users,

We are noticing that a number of queries are going towards the election ID of 0. Please note that if you are attempting to query information for the 2020 US General Election, querying election ID 0 may return a small number of ELECTION_UNKNOWN errors. To fix this, you will need to add the election ID parameter with a value of "7000" to your HTTP request. Below is an example of what this will look like:

```
```
You can refer to our documentation for more details about querying the voterInfoQuery API here:

Thank you all for your continued support with the Civics Info API!