Expected Availability General Election 2024 ID

Andy Elting

Nov 7, 2023, 12:05:16 PM11/7/23
to Google Civic Information API
Good Morning,

Happy Election Day! I am working on website project that incorporates the API and am looking to get a broad sense of when an election ID will be available for the 2024 General.

Thanks,
Andy

Google Civic Information API

Nov 29, 2023, 7:15:00 PM11/29/23
to Google Civic Information API
Hi Andy,
Our data comes from VIP, which publishes their data publishing timelines, including election IDs, in this sheet. You can view their schedule for when data will be available. We don't currently know when the 2024 presidential election information will be available yet, but will update when we do!

Thank you,
Carolyn on behalf of the Google Civic Info API team

Kas Stohr

Jan 17, 2024, 7:40:02 PMJan 17
to Google Civic Information API
Andy,

This is not an official response. In my experience VIP delivers data weeks, sometimes days before election day. Even though filing deadlines are in February, the data usually does not appear on Google Civic on any given contest until just before the contest election date. You can use the test election code (scan the responses here to find out what that contest number is)  and/or any current election (there might be some special elections approaching) to test your app. Hope that helps.

Kas