Elected representative officials id from external source

Gopolitix Technologies

May 22, 2021, 1:06:07 PM5/22/21
to Google Civic Information API
Hi,

can we please have the elected officials ids from different source such as bioguide or thomas ?

Thanks

Keshia-Lee

May 27, 2021, 1:28:15 PM5/27/21
to Google Civic Information API
Hi,

We currently do not have the information, but we'll consider this request for future improvements to the API.

Keshia-Lee

Kevin Cianfarini

Jul 28, 2021, 10:52:41 AM7/28/21
to Google Civic Information API
I would also like to see this feature introduced.

`bioguide` is a unique identifier for all representatives and is incredibly valuable for gathering information that spans multiple different services. Additionally, I've noticed that the google civic api fails to include images for some legislators. (Eg. Donald McEachin, VA-04; 117th Congress) Having a bioguide would ensure we have images for all legislators as the congress.gov website provides predictable URLs for those images based on bioguide.

Here's McEachin's image based on bioguide. https://bioguide.congress.gov/bioguide/photo/M/M001200.jpg

My teams only other option to retrieve bioguide based on constituent address is Geocodio, which we'd prefer not to use. The API is not free and is also substantially slower than the Google Civic API.

Mark Barrett

Mar 31, 2022, 5:20:42 PM3/31/22
to Google Civic Information API
A representative ID is crucial for linking representatives to any information related to their legislative actions. I hope this is a priority for the team.