City Council Data

Kas Stohr

Mar 22, 2024, 12:48:35 AMMar 22
to Google Civic Information API
Hi there,

Our users are wondering why City Council (place administrative level data) is available for some places and not for others from the Representatives endpoint. For example, city council office information is available for Austin, TX. It is not available for Rowlett, TX. Why is are city council level offices in some places and not others? What are the factors that contribute to uneven coverage? How best to explain this to our users?

kas

and...@newmode.net

Mar 22, 2024, 3:21:12 AMMar 22
to Google Civic Information API
If you take a look here you'll see the data guidelines.  Among them is a line about the API only providing data for municiplaities with a population of >= 250k.

I hope that's helpful.

Andrew