Wisconsin Primary Address Issue

Jacob Migdall

Feb 9, 2021, 9:51:25 PM2/9/21
to Google Civic Information API
I'm noticing an issue when trying to get the election information for the Wisconsin 2021 primaries (ID 7008). I have tried the voterinfo request for multiple addresses around Wisconsin and all I get in response is an "Election unknown" message like I would for an address that doesn't have an upcoming election. The election does appear when using the elections query. Is anyone else getting this error?

Keshia-Lee

Feb 10, 2021, 2:15:27 PM2/10/21
to Google Civic Information API
Hi Jacob,

We're seeing results returned on our side.
Can you provide us with a few sample queries where you are seeing the "Election unknown" issue?

Jacob Migdall

Feb 10, 2021, 5:23:24 PM2/10/21
to Google Civic Information API
I feel a little silly asking this now, but is the API only for traditional residences? I used it today for several houses in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and was able to get the API to return the proper election data. I originally was trying to use easy-to-find major locations in Wisconsin like the Milwaukee county zoo at 10001 W Bluemound Rd, Milwaukee, WI 53226. This address still does not come up when using the voterinfo query.

Keshia-Lee

Feb 11, 2021, 11:10:41 AM2/11/21
to Google Civic Information API
Hi Jacob,

Yes, the API is geared towards residential addresses. In a few cases, a business address may return a result.