Uninstall Chrome Frame on Non-Administrator PC without Control Panel Rights ?

Sparky12

Jul 13, 2011, 12:56:27 AM7/13/11
to Google-chrome-frame
Hi Guys,

Just wondering the scenario where a user installs Google Frame without
Administrator rights but then also doesn't have control panel rights ?
[restricted]

How can a user uninstall Chrome Frame in this scenario ?

Thanks

Robert Shield

Jul 13, 2011, 10:04:44 AM7/13/11
to google-ch...@googlegroups.com
The user could run the uninstall command directly (the control panel just provides a convenient shortcut).

To uninstall, locate the user-level Chrome Frame installation on disk, probably in

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\<latest_version_numer>\Installer\setup.exe

Then run it with the command line parameters:

setup.exe --uninstall --multi-install --chrome-frame

Eric Hollis

Jul 30, 2011, 2:01:38 AM7/30/11
to Google-chrome-frame
Hello,
I am having issues doing this. I was not able to even locate a
"users" folder in the C drive. Is there any possible way to get around
this and uninstall? Will my IT dept be able to pick up that I have
installed something without admin rights?

On Jul 13, 10:04 am, Robert Shield <robertshi...@chromium.org> wrote:
> The user could run the uninstall command directly (the control panel just
> provides a convenient shortcut).
>
> To uninstall, locate the user-level Chrome Frame installation on disk,
> probably in
>
> C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\<latest_version _numer>\Installer\setup.exe

Robert Shield

Aug 1, 2011, 2:07:06 PM8/1/11
On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 2:01 AM, Eric Hollis <myname...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,
  I am having issues doing this. I was not able to even locate a
"users" folder in the C drive. Is there any possible way to get around
this and uninstall?

If you are on Windows XP, you instead have to look in

c:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\<latest_version_number>\Installer\setup.exe

and use the same command line parameters as below.

Eric Hollis

Aug 1, 2011, 4:56:30 PM8/1/11
to Google-chrome-frame
Great, thank you. I have located the setup.exe file. Could you please
explain to me how I run a command line perimiter?? I'm sorry, I am new
at this. And just by running this, will the entire application be
removed??

On Aug 1, 2:07 pm, Robert Shield <robertshi...@chromium.org> wrote:
> >http://groups.google.com/group/google-chrome-frame?hl=en.- Hide quoted text -

Robert Shield

Aug 2, 2011, 1:34:53 PM8/2/11
On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 4:56 PM, Eric Hollis <eholl...@gmail.com> wrote:
Great, thank you. I have located the setup.exe file. Could you please
explain to me how I run a command line perimiter?? I'm sorry, I am new
at this. And just by running this, will the entire application be
removed??

Click the Start menu and then click "Run..."

In the dialog box that appears, type the following:

c:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\<latest_version_number>\Installer\setup.exe --uninstall --multi-install --chrome-frame

with <username> and <latest_version_number> replaced according to what is on your system.

If successful, this should remove Chrome Frame from your system (you can verify this by visiting a Chrome Frame enabled site e.g. http://wordpress.com).

mran...@gmail.com

May 15, 2017, 6:41:11 AM5/15/17
to Google-chrome-frame
setup.exe --uninstall --multi-install --chrome-frame

in the specified folder don't do anything

fredrik....@gmail.com

Sep 7, 2017, 7:27:43 AM9/7/17
to Google-chrome-frame
setup.exe --uninstall