Where can I get old versions of GoogleChromeframeStandaloneEnterprise.msi?

gho...@gmail.com

Mar 16, 2012, 11:39:06 AM3/16/12
to google-ch...@googlegroups.com
I need to find previous versions of the GoogleChromeframeStandaloneEnterprise.msi installer.
I can only find the current version of the installer at http://dl.google.com/chrome/install/GoogleChromeframeStandaloneEnterprise.msi .
Does anyone know if there is an archive repository of previous versions somewhere?

Thanks.

Robert Shield

Mar 16, 2012, 2:00:53 PM3/16/12
to google-ch...@googlegroups.com
We don't currently provide an archive of old MSI versions. We also generally encourage people to use up to date versions of the software.

Out of curiosity, what's your use case for installing an old version?

Ryan Curtis

Apr 9, 2012, 4:32:48 PM4/9/12
to Google-chrome-frame
I too am looking for version 17 msi. The latest version (18) will
not properly install on any of my machines at our school district.
If I do a standalone installation (not through GPO) v17 works without
issue. I am able to deploy other software through GPO but cannot
successfully deploy v18 to any computer.

On Mar 16, 1:00 pm, Robert Shield <robertshi...@chromium.org> wrote:
> We don't currently provide an archive of old MSI versions. We also
> generally encourage people to use up to date versions of the software.
>
> Out of curiosity, what's your use case for installing an old version?
>

> On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 11:39 AM, <ghof...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I need to find previous versions of the GoogleChromeframeStandaloneEnterprise.msi
> > installer.
> > I can only find the current version of the installer at
> >http://dl.google.com/chrome/install/GoogleChromeframeStandaloneEnterp...

Robert Shield

Apr 10, 2012, 10:30:05 AM4/10/12
On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 4:32 PM, Ryan Curtis <rcu...@mgschools.org> wrote:
I too am looking for version 17 msi.   The latest version (18) will
not properly install on any of my machines at our school district.
If I do a standalone installation (not through GPO) v17 works without
issue.   I am able to deploy other software through GPO but cannot
successfully deploy v18 to any computer.

To paraphrase: you can't deploy any version with GPO and standalone installations only work with M17?

Would you be able to provide us with MSI logs (e.g. from msiexec /i [msi-name] /l*v [log-file]) as well as the Chrome Frame install log (should be at c:\windows\temp\chrome_frame_installer.log)?

We'd be happy to try and help diagnose the problem.

Lunatik

Apr 11, 2012, 1:43:27 AM4/11/12
to Google-chrome-frame
The Google \chrome \frame is not working in following situations: win
7 x86 or x64, IE8 or IE9. I did't tested it over other OSs but i don't
think it is working....it's just a fake alarm... If anyone succeded to
have it fully functional please let me know

On Mar 16, 9:00 pm, Robert Shield <robertshi...@chromium.org> wrote:
> We don't currently provide an archive of old MSI versions. We also
> generally encourage people to use up to date versions of the software.
>
> Out of curiosity, what's your use case for installing an old version?
>

> On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 11:39 AM, <ghof...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I need to find previous versions of the GoogleChromeframeStandaloneEnterprise.msi
> > installer.
> > I can only find the current version of the installer at
> >http://dl.google.com/chrome/install/GoogleChromeframeStandaloneEnterp...

PH

Apr 11, 2012, 9:28:19 PM4/11/12
to google-ch...@googlegroups.com
I have attached v17
GoogleChromeframeStandaloneEnterprise.msi

PH

Apr 11, 2012, 9:29:48 PM4/11/12
to google-ch...@googlegroups.com
I have attached v17
cheers

On Friday, March 16, 2012 11:39:06 AM UTC-4, Greg Hoffer wrote:
GoogleChromeframeStandaloneEnterprise.msi

PH

Apr 11, 2012, 9:38:41 PM4/11/12
to google-ch...@googlegroups.com
I have attached v17

cheers

On Friday, March 16, 2012 11:39:06 AM UTC-4, Greg Hoffer wrote:
On Friday, March 16, 2012 11:39:06 AM UTC-4, Greg Hoffer wrote:
On Friday, March 16, 2012 11:39:06 AM UTC-4, Greg Hoffer wrote:
Message has been deleted

君强 谢

Jun 7, 2012, 8:48:47 AM6/7/12
to Google-chrome-frame
this package seems the admin right is required to install...

On 4月12日, 上午9时38分, PH <pyh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have attached v17https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6PbqiwAsO6_RXBWbHgxYXNxLTQ&invite=C...
>
> cheers
>

> On Friday, March 16, 2012 11:39:06 AM UTC-4, Greg Hoffer wrote:
>
> > I need to find previous versions of the GoogleChromeframeStandaloneEnterprise.msi
> > installer.
> > I can only find the current version of the installer at
> >http://dl.google.com/chrome/install/GoogleChromeframeStandaloneEnterp...
> >  .
> > Does anyone know if there is an archive repository of previous versions
> > somewhere?
>
> > Thanks.
>
> On Friday, March 16, 2012 11:39:06 AM UTC-4, Greg Hoffer wrote:
>
> > I need to find previous versions of the GoogleChromeframeStandaloneEnterprise.msi
> > installer.
> > I can only find the current version of the installer at
> >http://dl.google.com/chrome/install/GoogleChromeframeStandaloneEnterp...
> >  .
> > Does anyone know if there is an archive repository of previous versions
> > somewhere?
>
> > Thanks.
>
> On Friday, March 16, 2012 11:39:06 AM UTC-4, Greg Hoffer wrote:
>
> > I need to find previous versions of the GoogleChromeframeStandaloneEnterprise.msi
> > installer.
> > I can only find the current version of the installer at
> >http://dl.google.com/chrome/install/GoogleChromeframeStandaloneEnterp...
> >  .
> > Does anyone know if there is an archive repository of previous versions
> > somewhere?
>
> > Thanks.- 隐藏被引用文字 -
>
> - 显示引用的文字 -

Jonathan Rowley

Nov 7, 2012, 3:04:30 AM11/7/12
to google-ch...@googlegroups.com
As a web developer of a paid for subscription app, me and my team support users using all different versions of Chrome Frame and other browsers and we are made to do that partially because of IT departments/corporate environments who are stopping the automatic updates. Some of our clients are on the latest version of Chrome Frame and some are stuck on ancient versions.

Can you not just let the updates through? 'Supporting' the latest version of Chrome Frame is not that hard surely? I mean they don't change drastically every 6 weeks - small updates often. If everyone of your users is on the latest version anyway then they are all on the same version right? Getting this notion through to the 'corporate lockdown' groups is hard but ultimately it will make the web a better, safer and more feature rich experience. Sorry for the rant, I just wanted to voice my opinion. Thanks.

lynnc...@gmail.com

Oct 2, 2013, 6:11:42 PM10/2/13
to google-ch...@googlegroups.com
I too would like an older version- the current one doesn't have the buttons on the toolbar in gmail!

stephe...@gmail.com

Nov 22, 2013, 12:30:18 PM11/22/13
to google-ch...@googlegroups.com
Since you have access to older version of Chrome Frame, do you know what version of Chrome Frame started support of WebRTC?  I work at a financial institution which has only approved up to version 24 of Chrome Frame.  I need to know when support of WebRTC began.

If you don't know, do you know when I can locate this information.  I have not been able to find any information on version support for Google Frame.

Thank you for your assistance.

Stephen

Greg Thompson

Nov 22, 2013, 3:31:15 PM11/22/13
to google-ch...@googlegroups.com
Chrome Frame has included getUserMedia since version 21 along with Google Chrome. "WebRTC" is somewhat broad. Is there something in particular that you're looking for? Perhaps http://caniuse.com/ may be useful for you.

Cheers

darlie...@gmail.com

shestid...@yandex.ru

Dec 16, 2013, 5:47:07 PM12/16/13
to google-ch...@googlegroups.com

lethal...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2014, 1:47:12 PM1/17/14
to google-ch...@googlegroups.com

portl...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2014, 4:06:00 PM2/2/14
to google-ch...@googlegroups.com, lethal...@gmail.com
This site is a scam

tan....@gmail.com

Feb 20, 2014, 3:31:22 PM2/20/14
to google-ch...@googlegroups.com
Can I get Chrome 19 from somewhere ?

Alex Russell

Feb 21, 2014, 4:28:05 PM2/21/14
to google-ch...@googlegroups.com
Not from us. Sorry.

tsbon...@gmail.com

sat4...@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2014, 10:13:55 AM2/28/14
to google-ch...@googlegroups.com, tsbon...@gmail.com
About me, I am an Automation Engineer and am using HP QTP (UFT). The latest version supported by the app is Chrome 30. That is why I am requesting the older version. The situation is same for most of us, who depends on multiple softwares and compatibility issues :( So if somebody can help on this, that will be great.

ghag...@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2014, 11:00:53 PM3/24/14
to google-ch...@googlegroups.com

ghag...@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2014, 11:09:17 PM3/24/14
to google-ch...@googlegroups.com
looks like im not the only one having a problem with chrome. Guess  they really screwed alot of people with this latest and GREATEST version of it so I guess I will start using torch or internet explorer. I am tired of looking for a solution and when i contacted google they wanted 35 dollers to tell me how to fix it, MUST BE A MONEY THING

Greg Thompson

Mar 25, 2014, 2:06:38 PM3/25/14
On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 11:09 PM, <ghag...@gmail.com> wrote:
looks like im not the only one having a problem with chrome. Guess  they really screwed alot of people with this latest and GREATEST version of it so I guess I will start using torch or internet explorer. I am tired of looking for a solution and when i contacted google they wanted 35 dollers to tell me how to fix it, MUST BE A MONEY THING

If you're having trouble with Google Chrome, you may find help at https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/#!forum/chromium-discuss. If there's something in particular that you find broken, please file a bug report according to the guidelines here: http://www.chromium.org/for-testers/bug-reporting-guidelines. Those of us who work on the browser do our best to make it a secure and reliable tool for accessing the web. Sometimes bugs slip through, so sometimes we rely on the help of users like you to help us find and fix them.

Cheers

On Friday, March 16, 2012 10:39:06 AM UTC-5, Greg Hoffer wrote:
I need to find previous versions of the GoogleChromeframeStandaloneEnterprise.msi installer.
I can only find the current version of the installer at http://dl.google.com/chrome/install/GoogleChromeframeStandaloneEnterprise.msi .
Does anyone know if there is an archive repository of previous versions somewhere?

Thanks.

mmcqu...@gmail.com

May 7, 2014, 1:36:42 PM5/7/14
to google-ch...@googlegroups.com
I need an earlier version as all the updates have wrecked havoc with my internet and Vista is an older operating system and cannot handle the newer version.
If I can't find one soon, I get rid of Google and use Internet explorer.

HELP anyone?
Thank you

ecw...@gmail.com

Jun 9, 2014, 11:17:41 AM6/9/14
to google-ch...@googlegroups.com
Enterprise users of your product use intranet tools which break with updates. Unfortunately, the auto-update model breaks installations when our portables move off the corporate network. Dumb end users gravitate to latest and greatest and whine when it suddenly stops working. The previous model of .dmg distro package was simple and elegant. It allowed for easy internal distribution and versioning control.

While I hear what you're saying in the attempt to enforce reporting, but its simply not always possible as not all pages are puplic facing. Insisting on the model you've implemented and eliminating the archive references makes your group sound like a bunch of prima donna's if you ask me.

On Tuesday, 25 March 2014 14:06:38 UTC-4, Greg Thompson wrote:
[...]

isaacsg...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2014, 8:13:31 AM6/20/14
to google-ch...@googlegroups.com
try to send a email  to google

phanime...@gmail.com

Aug 27, 2014, 3:05:04 AM8/27/14
to google-ch...@googlegroups.com, gho...@gmail.com

hi

can i get chrome  34.0.1847.116 v

nevz...@gmail.com

Nov 9, 2014, 2:53:23 PM11/9/14
to google-ch...@googlegroups.com, rcu...@mgschools.org
Newer versions doens't work on athlon xp - it is non-SSE2 CPU, but faster than Pentium 4 some times. Where can i get non-SSE2 version of GC msi?

вторник, 10 апреля 2012 г., 1:32:48 UTC+5 пользователь Ryan Curtis написал:
I too am looking for version 17 msi.   The latest version (18) will
not properly install on any of my machines at our school district.
If I do a standalone installation (not through GPO) v17 works without
issue.   I am able to deploy other software through GPO but cannot
successfully deploy v18 to any computer.

On Mar 16, 1:00 pm, Robert Shield <robertshi...@chromium.org> wrote:
> We don't currently provide an archive of old MSI versions. We also
> generally encourage people to use up to date versions of the software.
>
> Out of curiosity, what's your use case for installing an old version?
>

> On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 11:39 AM, <ghof...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I need to find previous versions of the GoogleChromeframeStandaloneEnterprise.msi
> > installer.
> > I can only find the current version of the installer at
> >  .
> > Does anyone know if there is an archive repository of previous versions
> > somewhere?
>
> > Thanks.

JT

Feb 11, 2015, 1:31:38 PM2/11/15
to google-ch...@googlegroups.com, gho...@gmail.com
Looking for the same in 2015

The last version of google chrome (Version 40.0.2214.111 m) from a month ago crashes frequently and they changed user switching to a really awkward system.

On Friday, 16 March 2012 11:39:06 UTC-4, gho...@gmail.com wrote:
I need to find previous versions of the GoogleChromeframeStandaloneEnterprise.msi installer.
I can only find the current version of the installer at http://dl.google.com/chrome/install/GoogleChromeframeStandaloneEnterprise.msi .

M McQuade

Feb 11, 2015, 4:19:36 PM2/11/15
to google-ch...@googlegroups.com
Thank you!

jefferyth...@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2015, 10:55:15 PM2/11/15
to google-ch...@googlegroups.com, mmcqu...@gmail.com
@M McQuade There are a lot of people who agree with us on this on twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc...

Unfortunately the change seems to be poorly thought out change for change's sake - most likely so a few Google developers can add a "developed new Google chrome interface" line to pad their resume.

The old system with the little head icons on the top left worked very well and allowed for a smooth transition between identities. This new interface is awkward at best... some more "conspiracy minded" people seem to think intentionally so but personally I just chalk it up to overzealous inexperienced programmers who want to put their mark on the browser.

On Wednesday, 11 February 2015 16:19:36 UTC-5, M McQuade wrote:
Thank you!

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 1:31 PM, JT <jefferyth...@gmail.com> wrote:
Looking for the same in 2015

The last version of google chrome (Version 40.0.2214.111 m) from a month ago crashes frequently and they changed user switching to a really awkward system.

On Friday, 16 March 2012 11:39:06 UTC-4, gho...@gmail.com wrote:
I need to find previous versions of the GoogleChromeframeStandaloneEnterprise.msi installer.
I can only find the current version of the installer at http://dl.google.com/chrome/install/GoogleChromeframeStandaloneEnterprise.msi .
Does anyone know if there is an archive repository of previous versions somewhere?

Thanks.

factoryd...@gmail.com

Apr 13, 2015, 3:14:05 AM4/13/15
to google-ch...@googlegroups.com, gho...@gmail.com
I had chrome before then uninstalled it to fix things then could not reinstall....PLEASE HELP

factoryd...@gmail.com

Apr 13, 2015, 3:14:05 AM4/13/15
to google-ch...@googlegroups.com, gho...@gmail.com
how do I get older version of chrome that will not tell me my hardware is not up to snuff

garyma...@gmail.com

May 1, 2015, 1:55:24 PM5/1/15
to google-ch...@googlegroups.com, gho...@gmail.com
sorry if this is late but i found out i have version 2 hid on my computer
here is the link

niddac...@gmail.com

Dec 7, 2015, 8:37:09 AM12/7/15
to Google-chrome-frame, gho...@gmail.com