Auto-save SASS files from Elements > Styles panel instead of going to source

Matthew Klahorst

Feb 26, 2018, 4:23:27 PM2/26/18
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Version 64.0.3282.167

I have my Workspace setup so I can save my SASS files in the Source portion and my watcher recompiles.

However, I want to be able to save in the Elements area:

I read documentation somewhere that it should work this way, but cannot get it to work. I have to click on the file to go to Sources in DevTools, make the change there (again), and hit save.

Any help would be appreciated!

Kayce Basques

Mar 1, 2018, 12:10:55 PM3/1/18
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Hi, DevTools tech writer here.

It doesn't work from the Elements panel. It only works from the Sources panel. Do you have a link to the documentation that (incorrectly) said it works from Elements?

P.S. you might find the Quick Sources tab to be useful:

tenl...@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2018, 6:28:03 PM7/12/18
to Chrome DevTools
Are there any plans to implement this feature in the future? It's so much nicer and smoother and easier to edit in the styles panel than having to go to a source file. To me, having to click on the sources and going back after i find it to be even easier to CMD+Tab over to my Dev IDE and edit the style there.

Thanks! L.

Rob Bates

Aug 12, 2020, 10:29:13 AM8/12/20
to Chrome DevTools
Stumbled across this old thread looking for the same solution
https://developers.google.com/web/tools/chrome-devtools/workspaces#css

Suggests that edits done on the elements panel under styles should save locally as long as the workspace is set up, doesn't seem to work for SASS/SCSS files event though the green icon is showing and files are mapped correctly

Yang Guo

Aug 12, 2020, 10:36:43 AM8/12/20
to Google Chrome Developer Tools, Mathias Bynens
+Mathias Bynens

Indeed DevTools does not support to SASS.

Cheers,

Yang