How do I get websocket instance from chrome dev tools network tab through code?

Sulejman Ferizovic

Jan 17, 2020, 10:57:37 AM1/17/20
to Chrome DevTools
How do I get Websocket instance from Chrome network tab through code or by library like Puppeteer? Is it even possible? This is what I mean:
cdsZWAx.jpg

I'm aware of Chrome DevTools Protocol and it's events, so I know that I can listen to websocket messages, but I would like to manually control the "instance", e.g what will browser send as a response to server. Any other idea is more than welcomed.

Best regards.

Paul Irish

Jan 17, 2020, 1:29:11 PM1/17/20
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
AFAIK you'll have to get a reference to that WS instance in JS and control it from there. You can use queryObjects in the commandline API in order to find the instance.

image.png

It's possible to do that entirely through the protocol, but I don't have the code handy.
You can use the Protocol Monitor panel to see what the DevTools UI uses behind the scenes to make that happen.

Sulejman Ferizovic