Inspect Devices UI is distorted

Pradeep Kumar

Sep 15, 2022, 7:05:40 PM9/15/22
to Chrome DevTools
Dear Team,

We use chrome://inspect/#devices to debug or monitor the Android app, from the last few days entire UI is distorted and we are not able to monitor the network.

could you please suggest the same?

Screenshot 2022-09-15 at 8.57.51 AM.png

Yang Guo

Sep 16, 2022, 2:40:48 AM9/16/22
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

could you provide some details here about your test setup, and what version of Android WebView you are connecting to?

You could also try to figure out more by opening DevTools on DevTools, and see what the console output tells you.

Cheers,

Yang

Pradeep Kumar

Sep 16, 2022, 11:36:27 PM9/16/22
to Chrome DevTools
Dear Yang,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

We use Stetho (https://github.com/facebook/stetho) to debug our android app on chrome.

Everything was working fine until chrome version - 86.0.4240.75 (Official Build) (x86_64). Attached are the screenshots below.

Screenshot 2022-09-17 at 3.20.15 AM.png

Screenshot 2022-09-17 at 3.20.33 AM.png

On the latest version of the Google Chromes Version 105.0.5195.125 (Official Build) (x86_64)
The network section moved to the complete right side and we can't see anything or we can't drag too.

Screenshot 2022-09-17 at 3.23.52 AM.png

Please suggest.

Yang Guo

Sep 19, 2022, 5:37:33 AM9/19/22
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Stetho uses an outdated fork of Chrome DevTools frontend. It has been a while since Stetho last updated to a newer version of Chrome DevTools frontend.

I suspect that that old version of DevTools frontend no longer works on modern browsers due to breaking changes in the browser.

The Chrome DevTools team does not offer support for forks and derivative projects. Your best bet is to contact the Stetho team.

Cheers,

Yang

Pradeep Kumar

Sep 19, 2022, 7:45:59 AM9/19/22
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Alot.

Could you please suggest any other tool like stetho

Pradeep Kumar K
Dubai
+971 521 21 6480

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Chrome DevTools" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-chrome-developer-tools/CAFSTc_io4Qrbp_TUgLRtOg6%2B9SSyrtr61BixeSwnA7AGzLj8Lw%40mail.gmail.com.