Automatically capture performance profile on console.time if selected

L3P3

Jun 30, 2020, 9:46:58 AM6/30/20
to Chrome DevTools
Hello, I love the performance diagnosis tool in DevTools. I have an issue in my app to debug, which only happends very rarely, sometimes, a subpage loads way too long. It is very annoying to always start recording, open a page and hope that this issue kicks in. Until now, I was unable to capture it when this rare bug appears. It would be super useful if I could let the recording be started/stopped automatically when a timer by a specific name gets started/stopped. Then, I could just open dozens of pages and if the issue kicks in, I have it recorded already.
Is there any good way to do this? I am wasting some hours already by just repeatedly start recording, click, wait, stop recording, clear recording and repeat.
Any hints are welcomed. Maybe there should be a feature request if neccessary.

Peter Müller

Jul 1, 2020, 12:39:03 PM7/1/20
to Chrome DevTools
Hi and thanks for your feedback,

yes, it sounds a bit like a feature request. I would ask you to file a bug here: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/entry, which is the central place for all DevTools feature requests and bugs.

Thanks,
Peter