Blue Raja

Apr 13, 2020, 6:19:28 PM4/13/20
to Chrome DevTools
Currently, the organization of the tabs for a request/response looks like this:

"Headers"
↳ General
↳ Response Headers
↳ Request Headers
↳ Query String Parameters
↳ Request Payload
  ↳ (Preview of request)

"Preview"
↳ (Preview of response only)

"Response"
↳ (Raw response only)

This is, to be frank, a mess.  "Headers" contains lots of things unrelated to headers, for both the request and the response.  There are two tabs dedicated to the response (neither of which contain the response headers), and 0 dedicated to the request.  The response body is the only thing where viewing the raw data requires going to another tab, rather than clicking "View Source".

A better organization would look like this:

"Request"
↳ General
↳ Query String Parameters
↳ Headers
↳ Payload

"Response"
↳ Headers
↳ Payload

Blue Raja

Apr 13, 2020, 6:46:01 PM4/13/20
to Chrome DevTools

Piotr Dobrogost

Oct 1, 2021, 2:34:52 PM10/1/21
to Chrome DevTools
"This is, to be frank, a mess.  "Headers" contains lots of things unrelated to headers, for both the request and the response.  There are two tabs dedicated to the response (neither of which contain the response headers), and 0 dedicated to the request.  The response body is the only thing where viewing the raw data requires going to another tab, rather than clicking "View Source"."

I completely agree with the above and has been always wondering why is it arranged in such illogical way?
Could somebody please provide any information why is it this way?
With the amount of changes in devtools in each release of chrome it's astonishing this has not changed over the years.

Piotr Dobrogost

Nov 17, 2021, 5:35:13 AM11/17/21
to Chrome DevTools
Could we please have any feedback on this?

Piotr Dobrogost

Dec 28, 2021, 7:02:39 AM12/28/21
to Chrome DevTools