Tapping WebAuthn Confirmations with Virtual Authenticator

Brandon Tory

May 27, 2023, 11:08:09 AM5/27/23
to Chrome DevTools
Hello,

I'm using a virtual authenticator in automated testing, and I'm wondering if there's a way using DevTools to tap confirmations like the one shown in the attached screenshot.

For example, to create the virtual authenticator I'm using the RDP command WebAuthn.addVirtualAuthenticator:

```
Cypress.automation("remote:debugger:protocol", {
        command: "WebAuthn.addVirtualAuthenticator",
        params: {
            protocol: "ctap2",
            transport: "internal",
            hasResidentKey: true,
            hasUserVerification: false,
            isUserVerified: true,
          },
        },
      }
```

But I'm unable to find any way to actually interact with the dialog modals that appear for confirmations. Note that using standard "tap" / "find" / "click" operations in tests don't work here because the modal is not in the DOM and appears to be some kind of built in browser based dialog.

I appreciate any insight you may be able to provide.

Thanks,
Brandon
WebAuthn_Prompt.png