Paint profiler shows different paint area to paint flashing

Rebecca Blyth

Oct 4, 2017, 9:52:34 AM10/4/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I can't find much info on the details of what the dev tools paint profiler shows vs what turning on paint flashing shows. When my content updates, paint flashing shows that just the element changed is being repainted, but the paint profiler shows that the entire window is being repainted. As far as I can tell, paint flashing is supposed to show you which elements are being repainted during an update, and the paint profiler is supposed to show you the details of that paint. What am I missing?

Kayce Basques

Jan 3, 2018, 5:43:43 PM1/3/18
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Do you have a URL where I can reproduce?