Error building Chromium

Luke Swiderski

Jan 8, 2021, 12:45:00 PM1/8/21
to Chrome DevTools
Hello, I have been working on open source devtools bugs.  I have successfully built chromium in the past and have uploaded a CL.  I am working on a new CL and was trying to run layout tests but was having issues, and I decided to start over, fetch chrome from scratch and build according the instructions I successfully used the last time.  https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/master/docs/mac_build_instructions.md

I have followed the directions, have all the dependancies, ect, but when I build I'm getting error messages:

error: use of undeclared identifier 'kCGColorSpaceITUR_2100_PQ'

I have included a screencap of my terminal output.  I am on an intel Mac, version 10.14.6.

I tried building a few times, got this error, fetched again, went to build and got this same error again.  It looks like it is a problem in the release and not my end?  If anyone could point me in the right direction to understand what is going on here I would really appreciate it.

failedChromeBuild.png

Yang Guo

Jan 8, 2021, 12:53:27 PM1/8/21
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
The build error doesn't look related to DevTools. Maybe you got a bad commit? Try to update to the latest commit on origin/master and get up-to-date dependencies via `gclient sync` and try again.

Also, if you work on DevTools frontend, there is no need for you to build all of chromium. There is a workflow that's a lot lighter weight here:

Cheers,

Yang

Luke Swiderski

Jan 9, 2021, 8:52:16 AM1/9/21