Google Checkout Module port to osCommerce v2.3.1

ryanr23

Apr 5, 2011, 6:38:40 PM4/5/11
to Google Checkout Module for osCommerce Support
All,

I have finished a port of the Google Checkout osCommerce module v1.5
RC1 (for v2.2rc2) to osCommerce v2.3.1. It's actually a less
intrusive integration now (albeit, not by much). That being said,
there are still improvements to be made... but I'd like to get this
code out to the community for feedback.

I'm going to post onto the osCommerce Addons page, but is there any
way to get involved to post on the google checkout oscommerce module
page?

Thanks,

-- Ryan

JohnAtYM

Apr 6, 2011, 4:33:03 AM4/6/11
to Google Checkout Module for osCommerce Support
Hope you fixed some of the bugs first! Have you done it as a proper
module like the paypal express one, then?

I look forward to getting hold of it and would be willing to put in
some work if needed. My clients using gc are all in UK.

cheers,
John

Ryan Reading

Apr 6, 2011, 8:38:43 PM4/6/11
to google-checkout-f...@googlegroups.com, JohnAtYM
Sounds good... I'll try to get it packaged and posted soon.

The updates make the addon as much of a stand-alone plugin as it can be.  osCommerce has added more extensibility with v2.3 which makes it cleaner now.  There are still a few basic mods to the default install that have to be made where osCommerce doesn't provide enough extensibility, but other than that... yes, it is a proper module.

And I fixed a few bugs as well, but it's still early, so I know I introduced some as well :)

-- Ryan

--
Google Checkout Module for osCommerce Support

Documentation and latest releases:
http://code.google.com/p/google-checkout-oscommerce/

Group archives:
http://groups.google.com/group/google-checkout-for-osc-mod-support

To post to this forum, email google-checkout-f...@googlegroups.com.

tarvist

Mar 29, 2012, 6:43:34 AM3/29/12
to google-checkout-f...@googlegroups.com
did you post this? i am looking at the history at  http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4556 and the only entry i see for march is just a shopping cart fix.

would love to see it gc work in 2.3.1. i am on a shared host, installing through fantastico and there is no option for installing older versions.

JohnAtYM

Mar 30, 2012, 4:36:22 AM3/30/12
to Google Checkout Module for osCommerce Support
There may be no option of installing 2.2 through Fantastico, but you
could still do it manually. There's a whole bunch of work to do making
osc 2.2 secure afterwards, though, so I wouldn't recommend it.

I'm still willing to put in work co-developing and alpha/beta testing
a GC module for osc 2.3.1 ...and at this rate, I might have to get on
and do it myself soon!