Can labels be rotated

Amr

Jul 29, 2009, 5:11:00 PM7/29/09
to Google Chart API
On a bar chart, is there any way to rotate the labels (have the text
go top to bottom or bottom to top, possibly even at 45 degree angles)
on the x-axis?

Basically, the labels are much wider the the bars and end up all over
each other.
Splitting the labels onto different rows (so 2 rows of offset labels)
also looks bad, as it's difficult to see which label belongs to which
data set.

Thanks,
Amr

Jason Shaw

Jan 7, 2019, 5:54:00 PM1/7/19
to Google Chart API
Has anyone found a solution to this?

This e-mail has been sent in confidence to the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient you must not disclose or distribute it in any form, and you are asked to contact the sender immediately

Unipart Group of Companies Ltd. Registered in England No. 1994997
Registered office: Unipart House, Cowley, Oxford, OX4 2PG

Lee Deneault

Jan 7, 2019, 7:53:51 PM1/7/19
to google-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jason!

Have you seen this?

Please let me know if this helps you, OK!

LEE

Jason Shaw

Jan 7, 2019, 8:02:57 PM1/7/19
to google-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lee,

I’m not on about the axis, I’m on about the actual data label on the graph.

Any ideas?
--
Jason Shaw
Sky Outbound Team Leader

Lee Deneault

Jan 7, 2019, 8:37:25 PM1/7/19
to google-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jason!
Could you send me an example of what you are trying to do, even if it is a hand-drawn sketch?
I enjoy trying to figure these types of things out...
Thanks!
LEE

Lee Deneault

Jan 7, 2019, 8:44:55 PM1/7/19
to google-c...@googlegroups.com

Lee Deneault

Jan 7, 2019, 8:48:56 PM1/7/19
to google-c...@googlegroups.com
...or this???

I'm not quite sure that I get what you are trying to do...!

Jason Shaw

Jan 7, 2019, 9:09:29 PM1/7/19
to google-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lee,

Hope thie below makes sense!

In the chart below, I want the data points (for example, £0.1084 on the 7th Jan) to have the text rotated in the actual bar, so its displayed like shown in image 2.

Obviously the second image was done in excel btw :)

image.png

image.png

Jason Shaw
Sky Logistics Team Leader
 +44 (0)7488253193
  jason...@unipart.com
   www.unipartlogistics.com

Lee Deneault

Jan 7, 2019, 9:49:51 PM1/7/19
to google-c...@googlegroups.com
Just for your information, I have used something like this before...
Check out the "Higher" label...
It is HTML based and the cool thing is that it is "interactive" with a mouse hover...!
Let me know what you think...     In the meantime, I will check into the Google APIs for a solution!
Stay tuned...!
LEE

On Mon, Jan 7, 2019 at 11:30 PM Lee Deneault <lgden...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Jason!
Like this one below but, only with YOUR data?
LEE
PS - Can you send me your Google Code? I'll sign an NDA but, I'm an old Boy Scout and you have my word to keep all confidential...

image.png
jason.html

Lee Deneault