Avoid QRcode creation timeouts

已查看 346 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

George Thalassinos

未读,
2024年1月9日 05:26:481月9日
收件人 Google Chart API
Hi,

I have developed an app in VBA for myself that needs to create a QRcode and I call the API as follows :

These last few days I continually bump on timeouts which eventually disappear and I can get my image. Yet it has become not dependable.

Is there a way to avoid this timeout?
Is there a way to preload some library and not have to go online every single time (to which my guess is No)?
Is there some documentation I can access?

Thanks in advance

Jon Orwant

未读,
2024年1月9日 05:28:561月9日
收件人 google-c...@googlegroups.com
This service was deprecated 12 years ago. We've started rolling blackouts for the few remaining users who don't realize they're depending on an obsolete service.

You should switch to another solution.

Jon

Alexander Robertson

未读,
2024年1月9日 07:59:301月9日
收件人 Google Chart API
I am facing this issue

502. That’s an error.

The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request.

Please try again in 30 seconds
now what can i do? any suggestion.

George Thalassinos

未读,
2024年1月9日 07:59:411月9日
收件人 Google Chart API
Thanks for the quick reply.

I implemented this solution in December. Searching on documentation for the [QRCode] Google API I read about one such deprecated service but there was also a suggestion to go to a newer one that is supported.

Judging by your answer about another "solution" I should look elsewhere and not in Google APIs. Am I correct? And if yes, what is your estimate about the time I have to implement a new solution? I am dealing with regulatory issues on this.

Regards

Jon Orwant

未读,
2024年1月9日 08:03:081月9日
收件人 Google Chart API
On Tuesday, January 9, 2024 at 7:59:41 AM UTC-5 gthala...@gmail.com wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply.

I implemented this solution in December. Searching on documentation for the [QRCode] Google API I read about one such deprecated service but there was also a suggestion to go to a newer one that is supported.

Years ago, when we reminded people of the deprecation, we suggested that people make use of the interactive and actively developed Google Charts where possible. However, Google Charts does not support QR codes. For QR codes, you can search online and find a drop-in solution that will require changing only one line of code.

Judging by your answer about another "solution" I should look elsewhere and not in Google APIs. Am I correct? And if yes, what is your estimate about the time I have to implement a new solution? I am dealing with regulatory issues on this.

Right: for the past 12 years there has been no current Google API that provides QR codes. As for the estimate, I'd been hoping to turn down the service for good tomorrow, but I can wait a bit for you to slot in a replacement.

Jon

typ...@gmail.com

未读,
2024年1月9日 12:01:211月9日
收件人 Google Chart API
Hi all,

In case it helps, I maintain a webservice that is a drop-in replacement for the Google Image Charts API.  For example: https://quickchart.io/chart?chs=150x150&cht=qr&chl=Testing123

It also includes some additional customization features for QR codes, such as colors and logo support. More detail here: https://quickchart.io/qr-code-api/

For those who prefer not to rely on third-party services, the solution is open-source: https://github.com/typpo/quickchart

Hope this helps!  Feel free to reach out directly with any questions.

Ian

George Thalassinos

未读,
2024年1月9日 13:15:531月9日
收件人 Google Chart API
thanks, I have been making progress on the replacement and will test a couple of options tonight

Well, it was good while it lasted!

Regards

George Thalassinos

未读,
2024年1月10日 08:56:151月10日
收件人 Google Chart API
Jon I'm good. Don't keep the service up for me.

Thanks for everything.

George Thalassinos

未读,
2024年1月10日 09:40:551月10日
收件人 Google Chart API
As far as I am concerned, this topic has been answered.

Thank you both.

George Thalassinos

未读,
2024年1月10日 09:41:041月10日
收件人 Google Chart API
Hi Ian,

Thanks for letting us know! It works great!

Just as Jon wrote, a simple URL replacement is all that's needed.

I will check out the options and keep it in mind for anyone needing a business level service.

Emmanuel Oluniyi Ogunwobi

未读,
2024年1月16日 14:12:491月16日
收件人 Google Chart API
Hi

Thanks for the update, I am trying to implement it in the Crystal report this way
"https://quickchart.io/chart?chs=150x150&cht=qr&chl="+"https://login.remita.net/remita/onepage/biller/"+{DemandNoticeAsp.Referenceno}+"/payment.spa"     but cant seem to get it working .
Any help will be appreciated.

typ...@gmail.com

未读,
2024年1月16日 14:18:431月16日
收件人 Google Chart API
Hi Emmanuel,

Can you elaborate on what's not working?  It's possible that you need to URL encode the chl payload.  This is a requirement of the original Google API (docs) and pretty much any API where you'll be passing special characters in query parameters.

Emmanuel Oluniyi Ogunwobi

未读,
2024年1月16日 15:38:271月16日
收件人 Google Chart API
Thanks for the response.
I think the major challenge is passing the url  https://login.remita.net/remita/onepage/biller/"+{DemandNoticeAsp.Referenceno}+"/payment.spa     into chl=

George Thalassinos

未读,
2024年1月17日 05:13:541月17日
收件人 Google Chart API
Hi Emmanuel,

Could you create a dummy payment and provide the actual URL for it so that we can give it a go ?

回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子