Colorizing events based on title

Nikolay Mishchenko

Jan 5, 2022, 8:52:13 AM1/5/22
to Google Calendar API
Hi there! I'm using google calendar to log my hours and then get feedback|/statistics from it.

For better visual identification I use colors for different events types (sleep/rest/work/meet) - it helps to organize day better.
Typically, first word in title mean activity, it corresponding a color.
Now I set colors manually, but I want a rule-based colorizing in google calendar.

So I checked out gcal addons and found nothing.

I've checked Google calendar addons API  (created/tested a project on GCP) - and figure out that addon can't catch "calendar event update" action if it's not conferencing solution addon.

I know about classic calendar API, so I think only way to solve a problem - poll events daily, analyze titles, change a color.

Can somebody point me more effective way (software/api/architect) to do such a job?