Started receiving 429 Too Many Requests from Google Calendar API

Frank Cort

Jun 23, 2020, 6:02:03 PM6/23/20
to Google Calendar API
Hi,
Yesterday (June 22nd, 2020)  at 2pm Pacific, we started getting back 429 errors for all our requests to the Google Calendar V3 API.   The body returned is html that asks the user to fill out a captcha.

These errors are not the standard 403 errors you get when you hit Google Calendar quota limits.  Also, we checked, and we haven't hit Google Calendar API limits.  So I assume this rate limiting is happening at a different level.

We fixed the issue yesterday by changing the IP address that we are sending these requests from.  Unfortunately, again at 2pm today (June 23rd, 2020) the problem started happening again.

Has anyone else noticed 429 errors from Google Calendar API over the last few days?  Or is Google listening and might be able to help?

Thanks!

Patrick Lightbody

Jun 25, 2020, 11:49:23 AM6/25/20
to Google Calendar API
Frank,

Apologies, I wish I had seen this when you sent it -- I'm subscribed to this forum now so I don't miss these in the future. It looks like someone from your team found the bug where several of us have all piled on highlighting the same thing:

Posting it here in case anyone else bumps into this forum but not the bug report.

Patrick