The crash stack after minidump_stackwalk.exe parsed seems to be wrong

zy

Jan 11, 2023, 10:16:09 AM1/11/23
to Google Breakpad Discuss
Hello all,
  I use the minidump_stackwalk to parse the minidump, and i get the readable crash detail infomation, including the crash stack. And i have a question about the crash stack.

If the symbols path only include the symbol file of Conquer.exe, i got a crash stack like below, and I'm sure the program didn't call the function(CDlgDragonTripodTip::OnBtnOK) when it crashed.
  crash_log.png

And then i add the symbol file of graphic.dll in the symbol path and reparse. I get another result that can't found the function(CDlgDragonTripodTip::OnBtnOK), i think the secound result is more reliable than the first one.

My question is
1. Why the results so different when i provide the different symbol files?
2. In the first situation(only have symbol file of Conquer.exe) , Can I get more reliable results by adding more information when parse the minidump, such as Conquere.exe ?

Alex T

May 10, 2023, 12:34:13 PM5/10/23
to Google Breakpad Discuss
Hello, I have the same problem. It appears when symbol files are set the addresses are not correct. Have you managed to solve this problem?