Catching unhandled Exceptions in threads on Windows

Filippo L

Jun 2, 2022, 11:28:08 AM6/2/22
to Google Breakpad Discuss
Hi,

I have the impression that sometimes, if I throw an exception (but not a structured exception) in a thread and have nocatch(...) for it, then the exception is swallowed and does not trigger a breakpad callback when it is left unhandled. This seems to happen only on windows.

Do I have to do something special for it to be caught? Maybe install the handler on each thread or do some PreventUnhandledExceptionFilter magic? Or is it supposed to work out of the box?

Best,
Filippo