Breakpad in UWP app

Levente Koncz

May 14, 2020, 12:22:53 PM5/14/20
to google-breakpad-discuss
Hi!

I have been trying to integrate Breakpad into an UWP app. I have successfully integrated Breakpad into a Win32 C++ console application but I had no luck doing the same with a blank UWP C++ app. I get the following compile error:

...breakpad\src\src\client\windows\common\ipc_protocol.h(118,5): error C2061: syntax error: identifier 'MINIDUMP_TYPE'

when compiling the following code:

#include "exception_handler.h"

using namespace std;
using namespace google_breakpad;

namespace {

static size_t kCustomInfoCount = 2;

static CustomInfoEntry kCustomInfoEntries[] = {

CustomInfoEntry(L"prod", L"CrashTestApp"),

CustomInfoEntry(L"ver", L"1.0"),

};

bool ShowDumpResults(const wchar_t* dump_path,

const wchar_t* minidump_id,

void* context,
        EXCEPTION_POINTERS
* exinfo,

MDRawAssertionInfo* assertion,

bool succeeded) {

return succeeded;

}
}

bool breakpad::initialize() {

CustomClientInfo custom_info = { kCustomInfoEntries, kCustomInfoCount };

static ExceptionHandler* handler = new ExceptionHandler(L"C:\\dumps\\",

nullptr,

ShowDumpResults,

nullptr,

ExceptionHandler::HANDLER_ALL,

0,
"\\\\.\\pipe\\BreakpadWin32",

&custom_info);

return true;
}

Is UWP officially supported by Breakpad?

Greetings,
Levente Koncz and the Shapr3D dev team