Does this sound like a technical issue or is Google levying a penalty against my blog?

rwm...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2009, 3:03:46 PM9/21/09
to Google Blog Search
I’m going to throw this out there one last time:-)

If you’ve read my other posts you know the issue I’m having is Google
blogsearch not sending my posts out in Google alerts or indexing them.
If they are indexed it takes about 3 days for them to appear in
blogsearch.

Recently when I post an entry I go to the Google blog changes page to
see if it’s updated there. Usually it is. But it doesn’t show up in
Google Blog search. So the post is getting pinged at my blog, making
it to Google’s logs but it stop there. For some reason Google doesn’t
index it in blogsearch or send it in Google Alerts.

If I just knewwhat it was that stopped it from going that one last
step, if it was a technical issue or a penalty, I could work from
there. Does anyone have any idea what it could be? I want to move my
blog from wordpress.com to self hosting, but if it’s a penalty that
will follow me, that’ll just be a waste of time.

It seems to be getting worse. My ranking in Google web results has
changed for the first time, where before I had no problem there. My
ranking is quite volatile, going for page 2 to page 11 back to 2 and
now to 17 in the course of 5 days. And Google hardly crawls my blog
anymore.

Would it help to insert the pinging APi somewhere on my blog?

Here’s my URL once again if anyone wants to have a look:
http://tinyurl.com/nl2os9

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Pablo Mayrgundter

Sep 21, 2009, 5:24:52 PM9/21/09
to google-bl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Sorry for the slow response. We're looking into it and will post back
here if we have any status or suggestions if there's a problem.

Cheers,
Pablo Mayrgundter
Google BlogSearch
Message has been deleted