Apr 13, 2009, 3:16:20 PM4/13/09
to Google Blog Search
We deployed our latest improvements for blogroll detection late last
week. The change affects link: queries. We now drop most or all of
the links that occur in the blogroll or in other parts of the page
that are just boilerplate. I'm sure there are lingering problems, but
our internal metrics suggest that its a big increase in quality for
link: queries. We've got a few more improvements in the works, but I
think this recent change fixed the biggest part of the problem.
As always, please send me specific examples where things have gone
wrong. We'll do our best to fix them.