Problem seems to be cleared up

1 view

rwm...@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2009, 3:50:27 PM9/28/09
to Google Blog Search
It appears that my issue with blogsearch has been fixed as well.

Thanks to Pablo and anyone else who assisted.
Message has been deleted

Pramod Adiddam

Oct 8, 2009, 11:02:28 AM10/8/09
to google-bl...@googlegroups.com
I get your latest post as the top result for the query [accidental husband]. What query are you trying?

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 8:30 AM, rwm...@gmail.com <rwm...@gmail.com> wrote:

Spoke too soon!
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

rwm...@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2009, 2:27:46 AM10/15/09
to Google Blog Search
Is there any way to find out if the problem is with my theme or code
or whatever? If I knew if it was the code, or the theme, or something
with Google, I could at least do further investigation on my own. Is
there anything I can do to figure out what the problem is?

Thanks.

On Oct 13, 2:26 pm, "rwm...@gmail.com" <rwm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I guess I'm just trying to figure out why my posts take 3 days to show
> up in blog search when other posts take minutes and don't get sent in
> google alerts when much less relevant posts do.
>
> I know that my posts are pinged by Google, but it stops there. Could
> it be something with my code or my theme? I've noticed that my blog is
> not being indexed by google as often. I'm currently working on moving
> my blog to wordpress.org, but if the problem is going to follow me
> it's probably a waste of time.
>
> On Oct 8, 11:02 am, Pramod Adiddam <pramod.adid...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I get your latest
> > post<http://jeffreydeanmorganunlimited.com/2009/10/07/behind-the-scenes-do...>as
> > the top result for the query [accidental
> > husband<http://blogsearch.google.com/blogsearch?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=accidental+h...>].

Pramod Adiddam

Oct 15, 2009, 6:00:12 PM10/15/09
to google-bl...@googlegroups.com
Your blog is getting indexed, I see no problems with your blog for it not to be indexed. You can check if your blog is getting indexed using the query "blogurl:<your blog url>".

As far as your blog not showing up for some queries or getting indexed after 3 days goes, we try to index blogs as quickly as we can and try to rank them for queries fairly. But we can't tell you the criteria we use to do either of those.

rwm...@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2009, 6:17:23 PM10/15/09
to Google Blog Search
Yes, I see that my blog is being indexed, but not by date. Only if you
actually search for my URL. I'm not asking you your criteria, but
there's something that causes my blog to not show up for 3 days in
search results where other blogs regularly show up within minutes. My
stats have fallen by over 90% since I'm no longer indexed.

Could it have anything to do with wordpress.com? I've noticed that not
many wp hosted blogs show up in results. Is this a problem that will
follow me to a self hosted blog?

(And I don't know why my responses are being sent by email 2 or 3
times - I'm not hitting any keys twice or hitting the back button).