Blogs not showing up

Tyler Ruppert

Jan 19, 2010, 9:39:26 AM1/19/10
to Google Blog Search
Hello,

For the past while I have been submitting blogs to the blogsearch ping
url every time a new blog is posted. Here is an example of the
request sent:

http://blogsearch.google.com/ping?name=Pavement+Ends%3A+A+1920+roadtrip+on+the+Bloomfield+Road&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.semissourian.com%2Fblogs%2Fpavementends%2Fentry%2F32616%2F

The original name and url, before url encoding were

Pavement Ends: A 1920 roadtrip on the Bloomfield Road
http://www.semissourian.com/blogs/pavementends/entry/32616/

After posting blogs in this way for quite some time, and I receive the
usual "Thanks for the ping" response, the blogs still never post.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Myluco

Jan 19, 2010, 2:10:17 PM1/19/10
to Google Blog Search
Tyler,

I am not an expert on this. But as I do not think anyone from Google
will reply... (or clean up the bad posts), here is my take.

I had the same problem... and I started to get it published when I
entered the feed exactly how it is defined: in my case all lower
case... In other words, when I entered my feed url using lower and
upper case, blogsearch did not catch it... I hope that helps (I could
see in your message the PavementEnds, and the post pavementends...
How I guessed? Another site, famous one, will only recognize a site
when entered the same way. That is, in may case if I search
cbhScrapbookFreebiesSearch, it returns nothing. If I enter
cbhscrapbookfreebiessearch, it will return my site. Go figure!!! Such
a small mistake.
Hope it helps,
Luiza

Pramod Adiddam

Jan 20, 2010, 11:44:42 AM1/20/10
to google-bl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tyler,

Please use the feed url to ping as opposed to the url of the individual posts, i.e., use http://www.semissourian.com/blogs/pavementends/rss.rss. The blog url (http://www.semissourian.com/blogs/pavementends/) works too provided it has autodiscovery but post urls will not work.

Thanks.

Pramod Adiddam
Google Inc.
New York, NY

truppert

Jan 21, 2010, 5:28:32 PM1/21/10
to Google Blog Search
I switched it yesterday to notify of the RSS feed each time a new blog
is posted. I also manually submitted a couple blog RSS feeds just in
case. There have been a few new blogs since then; how long should it
take before they are noticed?

Thanks,
Tyler

On Jan 20, 10:44 am, Pramod Adiddam <pramod.adid...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Tyler,
>
> Please use the feed url to ping as opposed to the url of the individual

> posts, i.e., usehttp://www.semissourian.com/blogs/pavementends/rss.rss. The

> blog url (http://www.semissourian.com/blogs/pavementends/) works too
> provided it has

> autodiscovery<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=autodiscovery&sourceid=navclient...>but

> post urls will not work.
>
> Thanks.
>

> On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 9:39 AM, Tyler Ruppert <trupp...@semissourian.com>wrote:
>

> > Hello,
>
> > For the past while I have been submitting blogs to the blogsearch ping
> > url every time a new blog is posted.  Here is an example of the
> > request sent:
>

> >http://blogsearch.google.com/ping?name=Pavement+Ends%3A+A+1920+roadtr...

> > The original name and url, before url encoding were
>
> > Pavement Ends: A 1920 roadtrip on the Bloomfield Road
> >http://www.semissourian.com/blogs/pavementends/entry/32616/
>
> > After posting blogs in this way for quite some time, and I receive the
> > usual "Thanks for the ping" response, the blogs still never post.
>
> > Any idea what I am doing wrong?
>
> > --

> > google-blog-sea...@googlegroups.com<google-blog-search%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

Pramod Adiddam

Jan 22, 2010, 7:25:18 PM1/22/10
to google-bl...@googlegroups.com
There doesn't seem to be any problem with your blog ping's anymore. We try to index all blogs as soon as possible. I'll check up on it and keep you posted.

Thanks.

truppert

Jan 26, 2010, 11:47:06 AM1/26/10
to Google Blog Search
Thanks for the help, but I still do not see our blogs showing up. We
have several blogs posted each day and though I have searched, I can
not find any of them on blogsearch.google.com. Is there any time
frame on when I can expect the blogs to start appearing?

> > <google-blog-search%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com<google-blog-search%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>

truppert

Jan 27, 2010, 4:27:01 PM1/27/10
to Google Blog Search
I see one of our blogs has shown up. Thanks