Too many non-blog in BlogSearch (Vietnamese)

1 view

teddydoors

Nov 25, 2009, 1:38:57 AM11/25/09
to Google Blog Search
This suggestion is about
Google BlogSearch in Vietnamese language
http://blogsearch.google.com.vn/

Dear Sir/Madam

When I searched for a term, such as "tài chính", which means
"finance", I found out that there are a lot of websites which are not
blogs.

For example:

http://www.vneconomy.com.vn/, this is an online business newspapers,
just like Reuters.com

The list continues:
http://vietbao.vn/ - this is a general news website. Ironically, its
contents are all copied from other newspapers or e-zines.
http://vitinfo.com.vn/ - another business news site
http://www.diaoconline.vn - a real estate news site.
http://www.vietstock.com.vn - a financial news site
http://www.tinmoi.vn/ - similar to http://vietbao.vn/, all are copied
content
http://www.vatgia.com/ - similar to Amazon.com
http://tuoitre.com.vn - news site similar to New York Times or
Newsweek
http://dantri.com.vn/ - news site similar to those above
http://www.xaluan.com/ - news site with mainly copied content
http://www.cand.com.vn/ - another news site on social security
http://www.anninhthudo.vn/ - just another news site
http://vnmedia.vn/ - just another news site.

I think I have to stop here because it seems that the list never
stops.

I DO know that some news websites do have some blog categories, like
the New York Time blogs or WSJ blogs, but in Vietnam there's no such.

When I use Google Blogsearch, I want blogs, not news sites, so please
check all above information.

Thank you.

Pramod Adiddam

Jan 6, 2010, 12:41:52 PM1/6/10
to google-bl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your detailed report. We would really like to get feedback like the one you have provided and greatly appreciate it. We are constantly growing our corpus across languages and hence a lot of "non-blogs" creep in and we have processes in place to detect those and remove them from Google Blog Search. Specifically, the overlap between news and blogs is not intentional and I have put in the examples of news sites that you have provided as further input to the said processes. As a result, you should see less of those at least in Google Blog Search results.

Thanks.