Blog no longer indexed by blog search

Dr_TV

Nov 13, 2009, 6:48:32 PM11/13/09
to Google Blog Search
Until late July/early August 2009, my site's blog (http://
www.tvtango.com/news) was indexed by Google Blog Search. After that
time, no new entries were indexed and the previously indexed entries
no longer appeared in search results.

I've tried manual ping, auto-ping, and ping services like king ping,
but nothing seems to work. As far as I know, there were no changes to
the rss feeds or html for the blog and its pages since April 2009; so
I'm at a loss.

I do have a sitemap for the blog and I regularly ping Google search.
Between the ping, external links and internal links, virtually the
entire blog is indexed in regular Google search.

robots.txt does not disallow Google Blog Search.

Is there something obvious that I'm missing?

Thanks,
Mike

Pramod Adiddam

Nov 16, 2009, 11:57:17 AM11/16/09
to google-bl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We are getting pings for your blog but your feed has a noindex robots tag:

<xhtml:meta xmlns:xhtml="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" name="robots" content="noindex" />

Google Blog Search works off of feeds and we respect noindex robots tags in feeds like the one above.

Thanks.

Dr_TV

Nov 16, 2009, 5:25:49 PM11/16/09
to Google Blog Search
Thanks for the quick reply! I'll modify appropriately and test.