Blog indexation problem

Guillaume.b

Oct 14, 2009, 7:25:03 AM10/14/09
to Google Blog Search
Hello,

This website : http://www.eurodad.org/ has a blog http://www.eurodad.org/blog/
which is not indexed in Google blog search.
We have already ping Google blog search.
It is not indexed, the reason may be that Google has indexed the news
section.
http://blogsearch.google.com/blogsearch?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.eurodad.org&btnG=Search+Blogs

Is there a conflict between the news and blog section?
I have noticed that there is a difference within the structure of the
auto discovery url:

For the news section: http://www.eurodad.org/rss/langRSS.aspx?fid=34&lang=1033
For the blog: http://www.eurodad.org/WorkArea/blogs/blogrss.aspx?blog=1758

Is is the reason why Google cannot index the blog?
How can we solve this issue and have the blog indexed?

I would be grateful for your help.
Many thanks,
Guillaume.

Pramod Adiddam

Oct 14, 2009, 1:32:41 PM10/14/09
to google-bl...@googlegroups.com
Please add <link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" href="http://www.eurodad.org/WorkArea/blogs/blogrss.aspx?blog=1758" /> inside the head tag to your HTML pages at http://www.eurodad.org/blog/ to enable autodiscovery. I don't see that link tag right now.

rwm...@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2009, 2:22:34 PM10/15/09
to Google Blog Search
Does this work for any site or is it specific to the original poster's
(changing the domain name, of course)?

On Oct 14, 1:32 pm, Pramod Adiddam <pramod.adid...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please add <link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" href="http://www.eurodad.org/WorkArea/blogs/blogrss.aspx?blog=1758" /> inside the
> head tag to your HTML pages athttp://www.eurodad.org/blog/to enable
> autodiscovery. I don't see that link tag right now.
>
> On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 4:25 AM, Guillaume.b <
>
> guillaume.buse...@nvisage.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
>
> > This website :http://www.eurodad.org/has a blog
> >http://www.eurodad.org/blog/
> > which is not indexed in Google blog search.
> > We have already ping Google blog search.
> > It is not indexed, the reason may be that Google has indexed the news
> > section.
>
> >http://blogsearch.google.com/blogsearch?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=site%3Ahttp%...
>
> > Is there a conflict between the news and blog section?
> > I have noticed that there is a difference within the structure of the
> > auto discovery url:
>
> > For the news section:
> >http://www.eurodad.org/rss/langRSS.aspx?fid=34〈=1033

Pramod Adiddam

Oct 15, 2009, 5:54:10 PM10/15/09
to google-bl...@googlegroups.com
It is a way to add feed autodiscovery for any blog.
Message has been deleted

rwm...@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2009, 6:01:19 PM10/15/09
to Google Blog Search
My blog is pinged by Google. The problem is it doesn't show up in
blogsearch and Google Alert results. Would this code help solve that
problem?

On Oct 15, 5:54 pm, Pramod Adiddam <pramod.adid...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It is a way to add feed autodiscovery for any blog.
>
> On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 11:22 AM, rwm...@gmail.com <rwm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Does this work for any site or is it specific to the original poster's
> > (changing the domain name, of course)?
>
> > On Oct 14, 1:32 pm, Pramod Adiddam <pramod.adid...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Please add <link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" href="
> >http://www.eurodad.org/WorkArea/blogs/blogrss.aspx?blog=1758" /> inside
> > the
> > > head tag to your HTML pages athttp://www.eurodad.org/blog/toenable
> > > autodiscovery. I don't see that link tag right now.

Guillaume.b

Nov 13, 2009, 12:20:17 PM11/13/09
to Google Blog Search
Hi Pramod,

It has defintiely helped Eurodad blog to get indexed.
Many thanks for your advise.
Unfortunately, this tag doesn't seems to work with another blog:
http://www.henandhammock.co.uk/blog/
I have already pinged Google Blog search and the link tag is included
in the <head> of the code.
I do not understand why Google doesn't index this blog.

Best regards,
Guillaume.

On 14 Oct, 17:32, Pramod Adiddam <pramod.adid...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please add <link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" href="http://www.eurodad.org/WorkArea/blogs/blogrss.aspx?blog=1758" /> inside the
> head tag to your HTML pages athttp://www.eurodad.org/blog/to enable
> autodiscovery. I don't see that link tag right now.
>
> On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 4:25 AM, Guillaume.b <
>
> guillaume.buse...@nvisage.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
>
> > This website :http://www.eurodad.org/has a blog
> >http://www.eurodad.org/blog/
> > which is not indexed in Google blog search.
> > We have already ping Google blog search.
> > It is not indexed, the reason may be that Google has indexed the news
> > section.
>
> >http://blogsearch.google.com/blogsearch?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=site%3Ahttp%...
>
> > Is there a conflict between the news and blog section?
> > I have noticed that there is a difference within the structure of the
> > auto discovery url:
>
> > For the news section:
> >http://www.eurodad.org/rss/langRSS.aspx?fid=34〈=1033

Pramod Adiddam

Nov 16, 2009, 12:04:12 PM11/16/09
to google-bl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The tag seems to be alright for http://www.henandhammock.co.uk/blog/. I'll look into this blog to see if there is any problem at our end. Also, please take a look at http://www.google.com/support/faqs/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=faq_blog_search_pinging.html for information on how to ping Google Blog Search automatically.

Thanks.