Converter Setup Assistance

Aaron Eaton

Feb 22, 2013, 12:23:46 PM2/22/13
to google-blog...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

I have the converter code system setup on linux, and think i have it all setup and running.
The issue is when i run the blogger2wordpress program it just prints the converted file to my screen, and does not export/save to a wordpress file.

Maybe i have something setup wrong, im not sure.

Is there anyone avail to assist me in this?

My problem, is i cannot use the appspot hosted one, since my export file is like 50 megs. And the blogger import tool in wordpress is not working for this specific blog for some reason.
I do alot of migrations, so would be happy to just get the conversion scripts to work on my server.

thanks

Jeremy Lueck

Feb 22, 2013, 5:13:33 PM2/22/13
to google-blog...@googlegroups.com
May I suggest redirecting the output to a file.  If you using the command-line, it would be something like that.

 > bin/blogger2wordpress.sh your_blogger_file > coverted_wordpress_file.xml

Hope that helps.

Aaron Eaton

Feb 27, 2013, 1:47:45 AM2/27/13
to google-blog...@googlegroups.com, jlu...@alum.mit.edu
yup that did that.

ACtually figured that out about an hour after posting this.

Now my only issue is categories do not import into worpdress.
The import just maps everything to uncategorized.

Would be a flawless system once i can figure that part out :(

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 11:23 AM, Aaron Eaton <aaron...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey,

I have the converter code system setup on linux, and think i have it all setup and running.
The issue is when i run the blogger2wordpress program it just prints the converted file to my screen, and does not export/save to a wordpress file.

Maybe i have something setup wrong, im not sure.

Is there anyone avail to assist me in this?

My problem, is i cannot use the appspot hosted one, since my export file is like 50 megs. And the blogger import tool in wordpress is not working for this specific blog for some reason.
I do alot of migrations, so would be happy to just get the conversion scripts to work on my server.

thanks

An Nguyễn

Mar 27, 2013, 12:28:36 AM3/27/13
to google-blog...@googlegroups.com
Hi, When i run this command:

bin/blogger2wordpress.sh samples/sample.xml

in command line, it converted on screen, but when open file sample.xml, it doesn't export to spamle.xml, still old format.

How can i do to get sample.xml file after it converted???

Thank for you helps

Aaron Eaton

Mar 29, 2013, 2:42:43 PM3/29/13