Task API in a Google Sheets custom formula in GoogleAppScript

Jake Green

Dec 10, 2019, 1:01:34 PM12/10/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
And again, I have a question for the Google developer community.

Please answer, how to implement authentication \ authorization for the Task API in a Google Sheets custom formula in my Google script (for each current user of this sheet-document)? That is, I need the custom formula to process an event from Google Tasks, but an access error occurs.

(my apologies for the Google translator from Russian)

Andrew Roberts

Dec 10, 2019, 3:27:36 PM12/10/19
to Google Apps Script Community
If you are getting this error:

Your custom function is not able to access the Task API - see here for more details.

Although I see "UrlFetch" is there in the list of allowable services.

P.S. I've got to say that Russian translator is working pretty well!

Jake Green

Dec 11, 2019, 6:54:29 AM12/11/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Thank you, your answer helped me move forward. But, unfortunately, I learned that: “Unlike most other types of application scripts, user functions never ask users to allow access to personal data. Therefore, they can only call services that do not have access to personal data. ”
My verdict: Google TasksAPI  to use in custom functions is not possible

Clark Lind

Dec 13, 2019, 9:18:00 AM12/13/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Theoretically, if you created a script that accessed the TaskAPI and the script provided the output you needed, you could publish that script as a webApp, then use UrlFetch to access the published script url. You should be able to send parameters with the urlFetch request, giving some dynamic interaction. (theoretically).