Web scrapping all entries job boards as indeed for example

Le pirate noir

Aug 6, 2022, 8:43:26 PM8/6/22
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi,

One of my friends have a company and he publishes his job offers on platforms such as indeed, jobillico. He would like me to scrap the datas entries from those websites (such as  he name of the candidate, the position for which he applied, the CV and pull the information on a google sheet.  I have seen a lot of examples on the internet on how to do so with python but none with appscripts. Is it possible to do the same with appscript ?

Thank you !

Clark Lind

Aug 7, 2022, 6:32:43 AM8/7/22
to Google Apps Script Community
Apps Script is designed to allow interface to Google products. So your best bet is to either use Python, or Puppeteer to do the actual scraping, and then write results to a google sheet using the REST API.
I wouldn't try to use Apps script for the actual scraping. Instead, I would create a sheet-based webapp that has a doPost function that accepts an object and parses the object into the sheet. You wouldn't even need the sheets
REST API for that. I don't know if there are any examples out there for this kind of thing. Check out Laurence Svekis' youtube channel; he has a ton of stuff, and may cover writing to a sheet from an external source.

Stéphane Ray Noel

Aug 7, 2022, 5:54:52 PM8/7/22
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Thx for the reply !