CANNOT "include form in email"???

Chihiro Fukazawa

Oct 6, 2019, 10:38:08 PM10/6/19
to Google Apps Script Community
My Predecessor (call him Mile) developed a severance questionnaire system with Google Spread sheet, Google Forms, and GAS.
Mike create the Spread sheet to summarize the report and added GS.code, link to the Form, and added trigger.
The users are all using Gmail and I have the list of them

I sent the LINK to myself, got mail, clicked URL in the mail to open the Form, then the Form was opened successfully.
Then I made answered, and clicked SUBMIT.
My answer was submitted successfully: added a line in the Spread sheet and notification mail was send to me.

Now I wanted the form EMBEDDED in the mail because the users claims to follow link and open browser is annoying.
So I try to configure the sheet but the check box "include form in email" is grayed out.

How can I enable it?
Thank you!!!

CBM WebAdmin

Oct 6, 2019, 11:53:27 PM10/6/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
You can try to do the html code for the email yourself then copy paste it into an HTML formatted email to send.

Here is some code that you can use in the email. Just replace the "1xxxxxxxxx" with your formid. You can play around with the size of the frame to get it to look how you want it to work.
<iframe sandbox="allow-scripts allow-popups allow-forms allow-same-origin allow-popups-to-escape-sandbox" frameborder="0" aria-label="Form name here" src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1xxxxxxxxx/viewform?embedded=true" style="height: 597px" allowfullscreen></iframe>

 Good luck

Message has been deleted

Chihiro Fukazawa

Oct 7, 2019, 12:54:59 AM10/7/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your reply!
But I'm new to GAS and Mike created the Form from GUI so IF I COULD make it from GUI I prefer it.
I posted the question to ask you:
- why the button is grayed out
- how can i make it enable and tock (if i can
- embed the form into the mail <= the goal

But your idea is interesting so i will try it.
Can i paste it in the Code.gs attached to the form?
Now it's empty.
(Mike's codes are in the Code.gs attached to the Spreadsheet linked from the sheet and I could not find the code to show the form...

Thank you!!!

2019年10月7日(月) 12:53 CBM WebAdmin <weba...@cbmhelp.com>:
Regards,
Chihiro

George Ghanem

Oct 7, 2019, 12:12:12 PM10/7/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
You can generate the email with the imbedded form through the Form Code.GS but I assume the invite email is only going to be generated once and sent to many. So writing code for this may be a waste of time. Just write the email using a simple text editor and then copy/ paste it into and email and send it manually