Issues with webapps / V8?

Pablo Felip

Mar 6, 2020, 5:25:48 AM3/6/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Hi, all.

This morning I noticed that one of my webapps (a simple web form that stores data in a Spreadsheet with file upload to Drive) had stopped working unexpectedly, displaying some storage error and details about an unauthenticated access (?) inside the browser's window. The code in the script editor was unaccesible (spreadsheet bound script) for a while (Forbidden - 403). Other instances of this same script / webapp kept working without a hitch.

After repeated attempts, I could finally open the code editor in the affected spreadsheet, but the aforementioned error when accessing the webapp was still manifesting. Somehow, the V8 engine had been activated on its own. Webapp has not been functional again until going back to Rhino.

I think that in its current state, V8 auto enabling could pose serious problems in many already deployed scripts. Maybe this has been just a spurious error affecting this particular Spreadsheet, but just in case, I'd like to ask if you have experienced a similar circumstance recently.

Thanks in advance.

PS: Partially related to this? (I was quite sure to be logged in with just one account, though)

Mani Doraisamy

Mar 6, 2020, 7:48:10 AM3/6/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Yes. I had a similar problem while using People API.

Looks like V8 engine doesn't seem to use addon user's credentials which calling the Google APIs. I had to revert back to Rhino engine to get it working again.

regards,
mani

On Fri, Mar 6, 2020 at 11:25 AM Pablo Felip <pfe...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, all.

This morning I noticed that one of my webapps (a simple web form that stores data in a Spreadsheet with file upload to Drive) had stopped working unexpectedly, displaying some storage error and details about an unauthenticated access (?) inside the browser's windows. The code in the script editor was unaccesible (spreadsheet bound script) for a while (Forbidden - 403). Other instances of this same script / webapp kept working without a hitch.