V8 G Suite domain error

Andrew Apell

Mar 17, 2020, 6:27:25 AM3/17/20
to Google Apps Script Community
I recently switched to V8 and everything is as great as I expected it to be except one issue; my subscription flow is failing for G Suite accounts.
The basic flow is as follows:
  • A client subscribes for one of my premium plans
  • The subscription information is recorded in the database
    • The client's email is recorded in the user properties
  • The add-on compares the database information to the information in the user properties
  • Premium features are unlocked or locked according to what the comparison yields
As already mentioned, the flow above works well for @gmail accounts. However, for the other accounts, it seems to be failing.
What is interesting is that when I switch back to Rhino, without changing the code, everything works fine.
The 2 things that the flow depends on, that might be problem points are: UrlFetchApp and JSON.

Can anyone give me insights on how to fix this?

Alan Wells

Mar 17, 2020, 9:16:50 AM3/17/20
to Google Apps Script Community
I think that there was a V8 bug that affects Sheets, that sometimes fails to get the effective user.  I'm not sure if that got fixed or not.  Have you searched the Issue Tracker for V8 bugs?