Tool to compile google app script locally.

Jayakrishnan Gounder

Mar 3, 2020, 12:43:22 AM3/3/20
to Google Apps Script Community
I am developing a sheet add on using JavaScript framework and using clasp to push the files to google drive.

The problem is that clasp push command fails for some JavaScript code by simply saying:

code: 500, errors: [ { message: 'unknown error.', domain: 'global', reason: 'backenderror' } ]

I think App script doesn't allow certain JavaScript code.

So I am looking for the tool that can compile the JavaScript code and Google App script code and point me the exact location of exception or at least the reason of exception.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Alex

Mar 8, 2020, 2:52:14 PM3/8/20
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi!

Code 500 it's not a good answer.

If your code is not parsed, then you should get 400.

 code: 400,
  errors
: [

{
      message
: 'Syntax error: SyntaxError: Unexpected token . line: 61 file: index.gs',
      domain
: 'global',
      reason
: 'badRequest'