G Suite Marketplace SDK - Publish - Update button disabled

Alan Wells

Apr 15, 2019, 12:00:50 PM4/15/19
to Google Apps Script Community
GCP Publish Update disabled.JPGThe update button in the G Suite Marketplace SDK => Publish section seems to be permanently disabled under certain conditions.

I don't know what the conditions are, but no matter what I do, I can't get the "Update" button to become enabled.  Other people have had issues with this also.  But, it might not be necessary to Update information on the Publish page, as long as new versions get published and approved.  That's the main concern.

I'm guessing that because of the transition from the Chrome Web Store to the G Suite Marketplace, that the publishing through the Apps Script code editor, and the "Publish" section of the G Suite Marketplace SDK is not fully integrated at this point in time.

What will happen, is that something will go wrong in the publishing process, and then the developer will go back through all the settings to make sure that they haven't done something wrong, only to be stopped with no explanation.

A certain number of people may become discouraged and give up.  That's good for me if it's a competitor that gives up and goes away.  So, I guess it's not all bad.  Maybe this isn't as bad as I thought.

Eric Koleda

Apr 17, 2019, 8:55:49 AM4/17/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi,

I ran into this issue myself, and it is a bit confusing. As you likely know, we are transitioning the publication platform for add-ons, from the Chrome Web Store to the G Suite Marketplace. At the moment you need to have a listing in both systems in order to publish, as detailed in the instructions:

At the moment (but not for much longer) the add-ons store is served by the Chrome Web Store, and hence the "Publication" tab in the G Suite Marketplace SDK is disabled for add-ons. We should show a more detailed message rather than just disabled the Update button, but this is a temporary situation. Once we fully migrate off of the Chrome Web Store that Update button should work for add-ons. The publish tab is the correct way to publish other sorts of listings in the G Suite Marketplace, just not add-ons.

Best,
- Eric

Dimu Designs

Apr 17, 2019, 9:30:18 AM4/17/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
@Eric Koleda: I have a few concerns about the transition.

Currently we can register a web app in the Chrome Web Store from the menu in the Apps Script GUI Editor (via Publish > Register in Chrome Web Store ).

Registering in the Web Store confers a very important benefit; the web app's URL is automatically validated which allows developers to use it as a verified endpoint for services such as Cloud PubSub.

With the move to G Suite Marketplace, will the Register in Chrome Web Store option be going away? There is currently no other way to validate a web app url for google services that require verified endpoints (I made mention of this issue in another thread).

Eric Koleda

Apr 17, 2019, 12:58:51 PM4/17/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
I've also used that menu item for the same purpose. I'm not sure of what the future of that menu item will be, but since it isn't related to add-ons I think it's independent of this migration. I'll make sure the engineering team is aware of the secondary way people are using it.

- Eric

Tom Holman

Sep 30, 2019, 1:24:22 PM9/30/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi Eric,

We've noticed the transition to the G Suite Marketplace has taken place (Sheets add-ons drop-down menu now points to the G Suite Marketplace).  But our "Update" button is still greyed out? Any idea when it will be available to update the G Suite Marketplace assets?

Hoang Trinh

Sep 30, 2019, 9:36:28 PM9/30/19
to Google Apps Script Community
From my experience, only with Gmail addons, the Publish button in G Suite Marketplace is not disabled.
For editor addons (docs, sheets, forms), all you need to do is inside the Configuration tab only.
At the moment when the migration is not finished, other information will be synchronized from Chrome Addon store

Tom Holman

Oct 1, 2019, 12:07:37 AM10/1/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Thanks Hoang - that was my experience too, or what I thought - except that there is a 220 X 140 pixel application banner that can only be updated in the Publish tab. The graphic in the Chrome store is 440 X 280. Everything else is accessible in the Chrome publishing side except for this 220 X 140 application banner. Looking forward to updating that some day.