Error "You do not have access to perform that action. Please ask the owner of this item to grant access to you"

ChartExpo Add-on

Aug 30, 2019, 7:02:24 AM8/30/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi,

My add-on ChartExpo can be installed from Get Add-ons inside of google sheet. In add-on i have added functionality to Export selected Chart image from the sidebar into a google sheet. To get click behavior on chart image I have dynamically assigned script method to it. When i will click on the image, my Add-on need to be loaded in the sidebar. It was working fine during my development and even after publishing working as required from publisher account only.

My add-on can be opened in sidebar from two places, one is from the "Add-ons" menu and other is by clicking on "exported chart image". My problem is that when I click on a generated chart image inside of google sheet, it is not opened in the sidebar and users keeps getting following error message

"You do not have access to perform that action. Please ask the owner of this item to grant access to you."

Please help me out, how can I resolve this issue.

Following error occurred only on images generated by ChartExpo add-on from non publisher account, but If I click on the "chart image" from my publisher account then error not occurred. Please check the screenshot for more detail of the error.

I shall be very thankful to you.

Regards,
ErrorOnClickOfGeneratedChartImage.png

Chart Expo

Sep 6, 2019, 6:56:02 AM9/6/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

My add-on has functionality to Export selected Chart as image from the sidebar into a google sheet. I have dynamically assigned script method callbackFunction1() to it. When i will click on the image, my Add-on need to be loaded in the sidebar. It is working fine when i open it from publisher account but once any other end user, click on the image, following error occurred in Red,

"You do not have access to perform that action. Please ask the owner of this item to grant access to you.

Please check attached screenshot for reference.

Callback code is:

function callbackFunction1(){
 var key="chart";
 var value="bar";
 var userProperties = PropertiesService.getDocumentProperties();
 userProperties.setProperty(key, value);

 SpreadsheetApp.getUi().showSidebar(
        HtmlService.createTemplateFromFile('AddonGUI.html').evaluate().setTitle("AddOnTitle")
            .setSandboxMode(HtmlService.SandboxMode.IFRAME)
    );
}

This callback method is custom function.