G Suite Add-ons now generally available in Calendar, Gmail, and Google Drive ... but developers will have to wait

Martin Hawksey

Jan 21, 2020, 3:19:07 PM1/21/20
to Google Apps Script Community
For those not tuned in to the G Suite updated blog Google have announced the general availability of the new add-ons for Calendar, Gmail, and Google Drive for end users. For G Suite domains on rapid release the ability to add these new types of add-ons will start appearing over the next 15 days. Google are launching with a selection of add-ons from partners while developers will have to wait:

Organizations can also build their own add-ons using Apps Script. Note that the developer feature will be fully available in early February — we’ll provide an update here once it’s fully rolled out.

For more information here is the announcement post.

PS have you subscribed yet to AppsScriptPulse? A site collecting the latest news and examples from the Google Apps Script community

best wishes
Martin

Mani Doraisamy

Jan 21, 2020, 4:24:07 PM1/21/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the update, Martin!

What changes for the add-on developers? Do we have to change the add-on to make it available across the suite?

Steve Webster

Jan 21, 2020, 4:33:41 PM1/21/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
This seems to answer your question:

Kind Regards,

Steve Webster
SW gApps LLC, President
Google Product Expert in: Google Apps Script, Drive, and Docs
Google Vendor (2012-2013) || Google Apps Developer Blog Guest Blogger
Add-ons: Text gBlaster and Remove Blank Rows

Mani Doraisamy

Jan 21, 2020, 4:47:22 PM1/21/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Steve! I was searching for the "homepageTrigger" functionality forever!

Can the cards (for cross gsuite) and html sidebar/modal (for specific gsuite product) co-exist?

Steve Webster