Google Calendar Events Ids and iCalUID - Ref Docs update

Andrew Roberts

Oct 8, 2019, 9:37:13 AM10/8/19
to Google Apps Script Community
To avoid anyone else having to spend the time I did working this out:

Gets the unique iCalUID of the event. Note that the iCalUID and the event id used by the Calendar v3 API and Calendar advanced service are not identical and cannot be used interchangebly.

Which isn't exactly true. GetId() returns the API id, but just with a @google... tagged on the end if there is no iCalUID available, so you can extract an ID which can then be used with the Calendar API/Advanced service.

I've only seen the iCalUID returned when the Google calendar events have been imported from another iCal compliant calendar.

Took me a while to work out why CalendarApp.Event.getId() returned different types of IDs for different events.