Is it possible to replace built-in "Execute as user accessing the web app" feature with

Mateusz Krajewski

8:33 AM (6 hours ago) 8:33 AM
to Google Apps Script Community
Hey everyone!

I couldn't find a related topic here, so I created one.
Is it possible to replace the built-in "Execute as user accessing the web application" option with "Execute as me" and implement Google account login in Apps Script web applications?

I am creating a web application for internal use where users should log in. I don't want to create a custom login form because I don't want to deal with credentials, etc. I know I can use the built-in "Execute as a user accessing the web app" function, but that doesn't work because I need to make all the files available to the users who will access the app. With Google's login feature and the "Execute as me" option to implement, I could secure the backend files while authorizing users.

I know about this approach - https://developers.google.com/identity/sign-in/web/sign-in?hl=en - but it seems to have been deprecated (?).

I would greatly appreciate your answers and help!
Cheers