Certain users can not run scripts on gSheets

Stephen Holinaty

Dec 20, 2021, 3:08:42 PM12/20/21
to Google Apps Script Community
Hoping for some help in finding a missing role / scope.

I have a google sheet, that myself and others have EDIT permissions on.
They can open the sheet, make changes, etc.
There is an Apps Script tied to this sheet, that does... stuff.   and the 1st thing it does as part of OnOpen, or a run, is write a console message.
my test user has been given explicit EDIT access to the apps-script as well.

when anyone on my current team tries to open the document, the OnOpen() runs flawlessly, and logs.
when anyone on my team tries to run the second script, it runs flawlessly.

however when our target users (who have EDIT permission to the sheet and the script) try to run the scripts, they simply time out.  no errors, and in the Execution Log, it says "failed" with 0 logs.

Has anyone experienced this before, or know of a solution?  I would have thought giving EDIT access to both the sheet and doc were sufficient.

Thank you in advance!

Stephen Holinaty

Dec 20, 2021, 3:51:16 PM12/20/21
to Google Apps Script Community
it also appears that if the user goes to the AppsScript and runs the script manually, the error they receive is:
>We're sorry, a server error occurred while reading from storage. Error code NOT_FOUND.

Lilian Haruoja

Sep 29, 2022, 5:40:12 AM9/29/22
to Google Apps Script Community

I have the exact same issue. Anyone find a solution?

Nikola Grujičić

Sep 29, 2022, 6:48:20 AM9/29/22
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
" I would have thought giving EDIT access to both the sheet and doc were sufficient."
You mentioned "doc" here. Is there some Google Doc or this is a typo?!*
Is your script individual script file, or it is inside some Google Document?

*I asked this because I faced in case when there is onOpen function and const source = SpreadsheetApp..."some_Sheets_url_or_id" onOpen function is having hard time to load correctly.
My script is inside Google Docs, so it looks that loading onOpen function in Docs have issues if data are pulled via constant or variable that refer to other (in my case Spreadsheets) App.

Lilian Haruoja

Sep 29, 2022, 8:31:00 AM9/29/22
to Google Apps Script Community
In my case, I have a massive script base that sits within an Apps Script project behind a Google Sheet, however, those scripts do pull and push from all kinds of different tools. No Docs though. There is an onOpen() involved and based on my research, that may be affecting the users who are unable to run, but so far all I got is that this particular Apps Script project should be in the user's Google Account settings as a third party app that is allowed to access basic account info.. however, how to get it there into that list alludes me.