Rich Text Editor - Web App - Apps Script

Alan Wells

May 13, 2019, 1:09:50 PM5/13/19
to Google Apps Script Community
I am sharing an Apps Script file that is a Web App with an HTML Rich Text Editor.
It is based on code provided by Mozilla, with just a few modifications.  And of course it is
adapted to be configured to run as an Apps Script Web App.

If you look at it, and see something that can be improved, please make a suggestion, or provide code.

To get a copy of the file, click the FILE menu, and then click the menu item "Make a copy"

The following link will open an Apps Script file in the code editor.  The tabs will show a padlock, but you can copy the file
and the copy will be owned by you in your Google Drive.

Fernando Falcao

May 14, 2019, 9:05:25 AM5/14/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot for this script, Allan!

I am going take a look. No doubt that it will be very useful!
Cheers,
Fernando

Alan Wells

May 14, 2019, 9:23:07 AM5/14/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Thank you for the feedback.  I appreciate it.  I've also uploaded the code to GitHub.

On Tuesday, May 14, 2019 at 9:05:25 AM UTC-4, fernandojfalcao wrote:
Thanks a lot for this script, Alan!

I am going take a look. No doubt that it will be very useful!
Cheers,
Fernando

Martin Hawksey

May 14, 2019, 10:05:05 AM5/14/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alan - as Fernando said very useful and thanks for sharing. To add something else to the mix I was recently reading John Stewart's post on using Google Sheets as a CMS https://www.johnastewart.org/tools/google-sheets-blogging-cms-part-1/ and saw he was using Quill.js as a rich text editor. Not use Quill myself but thought that because it saves the text as a JSON object it could be very useful in the context of Apps Script. (see part 2 of John's post for the code/links)

JohnL

Aug 9, 2023, 9:10:18 PM8/9/23
to Google Apps Script Community
Thanks!  Alan I just used the project you shared and it worked great!