How to customize form Layout?

Sai Krishna

Dec 31, 2019, 12:29:31 AM12/31/19
to Google Apps Script Community

Hi Team,

I am trying to build a institute application form in Google forms. I am not finding much options for customizing layout. Can someone help me with it?

1. I have 15 questions, going up to 3 pages. I want reduce the empty space between questions to make it to 2 pages.

2. I have checkbox with 30 options. All options are displayed vertically so have to scroll lot. Is there any way to display them in multiple columns?

Regards,
Sai Krishna.

Clay Smith

Dec 31, 2019, 1:17:50 AM12/31/19
to Google Apps Script Community
You may be better off creating the form as a web App from a Spreadsheet. Your form would be in HTML and feed to the spreadsheet. You’ll have a lot more control over the look and layout this way. Any particular reason you are leaning on a Google forms?

https://developers.google.com/apps-script/guides/web#deploying_a_script_as_a_web_app

Clay

CBMServices Web

Dec 31, 2019, 3:41:21 AM12/31/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
There are no options to make Google form layout changes unfortunately.

In your case what you might want to do instead of checkboxes, try dropdown list instead, it will save you some space.

Sai Krishna

Dec 31, 2019, 11:17:56 PM12/31/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Clay. I just used Form because it is easy/quick to develop. I am not sure about Form in Sheets or WebApp. I shall explore, Kindly share if you any sample code on GitHub.

Regards,
Sai Krishna.

Sai Krishna

Dec 31, 2019, 11:21:59 PM12/31/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
I want user to select multiple options so I cannot go with dropdown. I have changed it to MultiCheckBox for now which is saving lot of space till I explore other options.

Clark Lind

Jan 1, 2020, 2:09:24 PM1/1/20
to Google Apps Script Community
Hello Sai,

You may find useful information on this Youtube channel. The last few videos show how to create a form using html, Vue.js, and Apps script.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk1PccWWlWxJyIvMx-fH60Q

Best,
Clark

Fernando Falcao

Jan 1, 2020, 5:48:20 PM1/1/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Just to.comment that I use form builder and it is very, very useful. It saves me a lot of time!

Cheers
Fernando