The time it takes to access a script property varies greatly depending on the Workspace organization.

Sébastien Ollivier

5:43 AM (9 hours ago) 5:43 AM
to Google Apps Script Community
Hello,

I work as a Google Apps Script developper for several different companies and I have noticed significant variations depending on the Google Workspace organization for access times to script properties.

After setting up a property:

function setScriptProperty(){
PropertiesService.getScriptProperties().setProperties({
"test":"value"
})
}

Running the following code on a simple new project logs very variable value based on the google Workspace organization :

function testPropertyAccessTime() {

const start = new Date().getTime()
PropertiesService.getScriptProperties().getProperty("test")
console.log(new Date().getTime()-start)
}

In my Workspace environment without any particular configuration, I access the property in less than 30 ms.

For some customers who provide me with a Workspace account, the code takes between 500 ms and 1s !?

I imagine that the configuration of the Google Workspace organization set up can impact this time?! Have you already encountered the problem and determined which parameter(s) can impact this access time?

Thanks,

Sébastien

DimuDesigns

9:45 AM (5 hours ago) 9:45 AM
to Google Apps Script Community
Not sure why that happens. Maybe the differences in latency are due to the server region your clients' Google Workspace domains are bound to.